We are all in this together.
We are all grappling with an issue of immense magnitude. Our hearts go out to all who have been affected by the COVID-19 coronavirus.
At BankTennessee, the safety of our employees and customers is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the evolving situation on the outbreak and are taking the appropriate steps — consistent with Center for Disease Control and World Health Organization recommendations — to help support the ongoing health and safety of our employees and customers.
Here are a few of the precautionary measures we are reinforcing and implementing across our branches:
- Frequent and thorough hand washing We are reinforcing with employees vigilant hand washing and the use of hand sanitizer at all times.
- Employee health All employees experiencing any flu-like symptoms must stay home and take advantage of our paid sick leave policy. Managers are required to send home any employee showing signs of flu-like symptoms and report any such incidences. Additionally, we have enacted emergency 14-day pay for any employee that tests positive for COVID-19. (Please provide positive test information from a physician to Human Resources.)
- Sanitation and cleanliness We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting our bank branches with particular attention to high-contact surfaces in the lobbies to ensure our offices remain open to serve you with the highest standard of cleanliness.
As we navigate this dynamic situation, we will adjust our customer experience to meet the conditions of each community we serve. While we are currently maintaining regular operations, we are prepared to drive-up only. If needed, whether in the interest of our customers and employees or if directed by local health departments, we will consider temporary branch closures.
While we do our part to keep our branches clean and safe, we encourage you to take notice of measures from the Center for Disease Control for preventing the spread of the virus. We know some of these seem obvious, and some prove to be harder than you think – turns out we touch our faces a lot. But by following them, it will go a long way to help us all stay healthy and keep our communities safe:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Distance yourself socially. Avoid travel and crowds.
At BankTennessee, we’re committed to ensuring that our staff and offices remain safe. If we need to close branches temporarily, our online capabilities can meet most of your needs.
- Online banking Check balances, make transfers, pay bills
- Mobile banking Check balances, make deposits and transfers, pay bills
- Telephone banking Call toll free (866) 624-6822 to check balances
- ATMs Get easy access to cash by using any BankTennessee ATM or First Tennessee ATM at no charge
You can also call your BankTennessee banker on his or her cell in case you have a question about your account in the event the branch is closed.
We will continue to stay vigilant of the situation and keep you informed as we overcome these challenges together. BankTennessee strives to make decisions that balance the safety of our employees with our commitments to our customers and communities. And above all else, we’ll be there for our communities when they need us most.
Please be sure to follow us on Facebook or check our website for any updated information.
Stay safe and healthy.
President and CEO